The Executive Governor of Rivers State, Chief Barr. E.N Wike, ably represented by Chief Hon. Dan Oby received in audience, fourteen(14) former members of the sinking All Progressives Congress(APC) to the People’s Democratic Party(PDP).
The fourteen(14) former foot-soldiers of the All Progressives Congress(APC) hails from different local government areas in Rivers State, they have served in different capacities in their various LGAs and state level, they were accompanied by their teeming supporters, to officially cross over to the only existing political party in Rivers State(PDP).
They are as follows;
1) Hon. Bouchi Nsirim (Former revenue chairman Kelga, former Director Tonye Cole/APC campaign, 2019 Election Kelga)
2) Hon. Dr. Gift Worlu (Former Caretaker Chairman, Obio/Alpor LGA)
3) Hon. Amua Isioma Henry (Former SA Youth to EDFA NDDC, from Onelga)
4) Hon. Godday Ukeame (Former Secretary of council, Ahoada East LGA)
5) Hon. Peter Gwezia (Former CTC Chairman, Tai LGA)
6) Hon. Jeffrey Anungwo (Former Director APC/ Tonye Cole campaign, Ahoada East LGA)
7) Dr. Ovunda Ihunwo (A Lecturer and grass root mobilizer from Obio/Akpor)
8) Hon. Barr. Obiavel Abigo (Former CTC member, Abua/Odual LGA)
9) Hon. Nwobueze King Worlu (Former Ward 15 chairman, APC Obalga)
10) Hon. Stanley Donu
11) Hon. Solomon Nnam Okocha( Former chairman of Obio/Akpor APC media team)
12) Mr. Dokpwem Godday(A grassroot mobilizer from Ahoada East LGA.
13) Mr. Tonye Johnson (A grassroot mobilizer from Aslaga)
14) Mr. Boma Abbey(A grassroot mobilizer from Bonny LGA)
Speaking onbehalf of the returnees, Hon. Bouchi Nsirim, apologized to the People’s Democratic Party(PDP) and the good people of Rivers State, for not being part of the struggle that produced the best governor and administration in Rivers State.
However, he pleaded that they should be pardoned and accepted back to the greatest political party in Africa(PDP).
He didn’t fail to tell Rivers people how they were being blindfolded and brainwashed to join and remain in a “SOCIAL CLUB” called APC.
Furthermore, he said the party called APC has it’s root buried on deceit and fabricated lies, and has no strategy to contest or even win elections.
Hon. DR. Gift Worlu, thanked the People’s Democratic Party for receiving him and his co-returnees back to the great family.
He said the transparent leadership style of Gov. E. N Wike triggered his return back to PDP.
In addition, he said he has returned to his root to support the administration of his brother, who is undoubtedly the best governor we have had in Rivers State.
The Rivers State chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, Amb. Desmond Akawor, welcomed the brand new members and congratulated them for their bold step in returning to their root.
He promised that they will be carried along and also enjoy equal rights as other members of the People’s Democratic Party(PDP).
He seized the opportunity to call and advice other well meaning indigenes of Rivers State, to follow suite and retrace their steps back to their home(PDP)
He added that the umbrella is very large to contain as many people as possible, including the minister of transportation, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi.
Chief Hon. Dan Oby, the representative of the executive governor of Rivers State, expressed his heartfelt gratitude to the returnees for retracing their step back to their root.
He said the good works of the current administration is already speaking volume, and he believes more people will join the train in less than no time.
The returnees were handed over to the party chairmen of their various local government.
It was an event that recorded huge success as the full state executive of PDP, eleven(11) Council chairmen, eleven(11) LGA party chairmen, Hon. Dr. Chidi Lloyd, Hon. Dr. Sampson Parker, and other notable leaders of PDP were all in attendance.