Applications for the African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) Internship 2021 are open. The APHRC is an international non-profit, non- governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy relevant-research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center has internship opportunities listed below within its Research and Research Capacity Strengthening Divisions for a period of 3-6 months starting April 2021.
- External Evaluation of the Advanced Newborn Care in Ghana (MEBCI 2.0).
- Harnessing Heterogeneous COVID-19 data, to Build a Data Hub and Apply Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Science to Support Public Health and Economic Decision Makings in Kenya and Malawi.
- COVID-19 Observatory in Education in Africa.
- Changing Food Systems in Kenya and Malawi and The Challenge of Antimicrobial Resistance.
- Investigating The Role of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages in, and Perceptions Towards Childhood Obesity in the Slums of Nairobi.
- Mapping The Functioning of the Baby Friendly Community Initiative and Identifying Needs Within the Kenyan Health System.
- The Zero Hunger Project: Piloting the Nairobi Food System Vision for 2050.
- Pilot Testing of the Mother and Baby Friendly Initiative plus Model for Human Milk Banking at Pumwani Maternity Hospital in Nairobi County (MBFI+ Project).
- Describing Abortion Safety at The Population Level Using Network-Based Survey Approaches.
- Challenging the Politics of Social Exclusion.
- Lived Experiences, Social Determinants and Pathways to Unsafe Abortion in Kenya and Benin.
- Factors Affecting Timely Completion of a PhD.
- Statistical and Agent-based Modeling of Complex Microbial Systems: A Means for Understanding Enteric Disease Transmission Among Children in Urban Neighborhoods of Nairobi and Kisumu in Kenya.
- Scale-Up of SHOFCO Water Supply Projects Supported by the Manitou Fund in Kibera, Kenya.
- Together with the assigned supervisor create a plan of action, set project goals, and manage to completion.
- Coordinate with research unit/project to determine research objectives.
- Work closely with identified supervisor to provide frequent project updates, reports etc.
- Contribute to policy engagement and strategic planning as may be needed.
- Submit an article/ publication to institutional crediting work (i.e. lay dissemination materials such as- policy/research briefs and fact sheets).
- Make at least 1 brown bag presentation during their internship period at APHRC.
- Submit a written report at least 1 week before the end of their attachment at APHRC.
- Submit an internship/visiting scholar feedback form.
2021 Research Internship Eligibility
- Open to citizens of African countries;
- Applicant should be based in the country where the internship would take place.
- Applicant should have the required skill and experience for their chosen area for the internship.
The following are required for application:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certificate of your completed undergraduate/master’s degree.
- A letter of recommendation addressing your suitability for the internship.
- Identify projects (up to two) that you would like to work on; click here to download the Internship Opportunities.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2021
How to Apply for African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) 2021 Research Internship
Interested applicants should :Click here to apply
Jobs You May Like:
Health information system Program Nigeria Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Career Opportunities at Deputy high Commission of Canada to Nigeria – Click Here to Apply
Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (SCNL) Job Recruitment for Marine Civil Supervisor – Click Here to Apply
FHON Consulting Job Opportunities – Click Here to Apply
Job Vacancies at StrongMas Automobile Limited – Click Here to Apply
Graduate Job Recruitment at PricewaterhouseCooper – Click Here to Apply
Alexis Philips Limited Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Aspom Travel Agency Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Career Opportunities at EHA Clinics – Click Here to Apply
Employment Opportunities at Jumia Nigeria – Click Here to Apply
Nigeria Breweries Plc 2021 Graduate Management Development Scheme – Click Here to Apply
For more updated information about African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) 2021 Research Internship, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates
NOTE: Pinnacle Report Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, that provides you with a reliable Job Opportunities in Various States.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/DoZj3IIehrZ75Y7FSdbwBn