United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Nigeria, together with government, private sector and global partners, invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: COVID-19 Innovation Challenge 2020
- UNICEF Nigeria, together with government, private sector and global partners, launched a design challenge targeting Nigerian youth inspiring them to create solution to the COVID-19 pandemic. Nigeria is the first country to launch the COVID-19 Design Challenge for UNICEF in the world.
- Government partners include the National Center for Disease Control, National Information Technology Development Agency and Office for ICT Innovation Entrepreneurship.
- The challenge involves youth actively finding innovative ways to fight COVID-19 and provide young people with opportunities to creatively engage the current and future challenges pandemic provides.
- The challenge will use on online design thinking plaform called CARTEDO with the aim to:
- Democratize access to reliable information and capitalize on youth networks to drive awareness of COVID-19
- Give youth a voice in finding ways to prevent and mitigate the longer term impacts of COVID-19 on Nigerian society
- Develop youth skills that will enhance their future employability
- COVID-19 is impacting us all as we deal with the new normal of social distancing and lockdowns. Misinformation and fake news amplify our fears. Hard realities like loss of income, job insecurity, stalled education, food shortages and lack of cleanwater, force us to explore unique ways to cope. While we cannot always prevent such impacts, we can be better prepared.
- UNICEF has partnered with Cartedo to empower youth across Africa to solve a series of global grand challenges and positively impact communities while developing employability skills. We believe that youth have unique perspectives on these challenges and should be given the opportunity to become knowledge producers. This is your chance to Be seen, Be heard and Be the Change!
About the Challenge
- This challenge gives youth a voice in exploring how we might empower people and communities to become more pandemic-resilient. We are looking for your ideas to solve real challenges faced by real people just like you. This challenge offers you the opportunity to develop future-ready employability skills like design thinking while contributing to the global efforts to tackle COVID-19.
- As you progress through this challenge, you will use a human-centered design approach to discover how COVID-19 is impacting real people in different ways, define these challenges from a human-centered perspective, and develop innovative solutions to these challenges.
- You will start by exploring human needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic and turn your findings into core challenges faced by real people. By using our tools and techniques you will generate multiple ideas to solve these challenges and prototype solutions to share with people around the world.
Who can Participate?
- Anyone over the age of 14 who identifies as Youth
- Get certified in design thinking as you develop products, services and solutions to the challenges faced by people in your community like misinformation & trust, depression, income insecurity and stalled learning. Everyone who finishes this challenge will receive a certificate of participation from UNICEF, acknowledging your positive contribution in the fight against this pandemic.
Complete the Challenge and get
- UNICEF Certificate of Completion
- Cash Rewards
- CV Reviews
- Workspace Vouchers
- Soft Skills Training
- Investment Readiness Assessment
- ZLTO Redemption.
READ VACANCY: Fadac Resource is Recruiting for Receptionist
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2020, (12:00 AM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application