Start your study adventure with DAAD scholarship in Germany. DAAD scholarship 2021 is currently open. In this article, we will explain what is DAAD scholarship 2021, its benefits and step by step application procedure.
Deadline: Depending on chosen study- Click Deadline here
Level of Student: Doctoral (PHD)/ Masters
Study in: Garmany
DAAD Scholarship 2021 is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is only available for masters or PhD studies at the top German Universities. This scholarship covers monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
Well-trained experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Music, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
DAAD Scholarship 2021 for Masters and PhD Germany provide the recipient with following benefits:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- One-off study allowance.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2021
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2021 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English or German.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2021?
To apply for DAAD Scholarship 2021 for Masters and PhD in Germany please follow the following step by step application procedure:
Can I Apply for more than one course under DAAD scholarship?
You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the according application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form athttp://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites. The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
Step by Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Chose suitable courses of your interest. (You can apply for maximum three courses)
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
- The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!
Why Study in Germany?
Why is Germany a great study destination? Located in the heart of Europe and without tuition fees, find out why Germany could be the perfect place to get your degree abroad …
1. Quality institutions
Germany is the most popular non-English-speaking study destination in the world and has some of the best ranked universities in Western Europe. In 2015, the Times Higher Rankings placed LMU Munich in 29th position in the world, Heidelberg University in 37th place and Humboldt University of Berlin in 49, while many other institutions are listed after 100.
Recognized by the Quality of its latest generation teaching and facilities, the German Government is also very dedicated to higher education. German state funds research projects are carried out every year, which allows students to carry out their own individual projects and cutting-edge research.
2. There are no tuition fees
You may have dreamed of studying in Europe, but you are worried about how you will finance your studies. Germany may be the right place for you! Studying undergraduate in Germany is FREE. Yes, you read it right! Even as an international student, you don’t have to pay fees or tuition fees, because in Germany the registrations are free of charge.
In fact, at the end of your undergraduate studies at a German university you can be chosen to pursue a postgraduate degree that is also free. Without tuition fees you can save extra money for accommodation, study material, socialization and know nearby places.
3. Job Opportunities
After graduation, international students can stay up to 18 months in Germany to look for a job, a generous amount of time compared to many other European countries, such as the United Kingdom, where they can be three months after graduation. In 2014, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) reported that about 50% of international students reside in the country after graduation, reflecting the appetite and demand to remain in the nation to work .
Universities also have excellent links with companies, this gives them an advantage in the search for internships or placement. According to the results of the Times Higher Education’s Global Employ-ability University Ranking,
4. Quality of life
Life as a student in Germany is undoubtedly impressive. Most major German cities such as Berlin, Munich and Hamburg are centers of culture, art and music. There is so much to see and do, no matter what your interests, this is the perfect place to be a curious international student.
If you are interested in sports, politics, history or art, you will find your niche market and a crowd with similar interests to yours. Due to a strong economy and infrastructure, it has a reliable, safe and fast public transport, which means that moving is very easy. During the day you can explore the impressive architecture, medieval castles and parks and at night enjoy the great life in the main cities.
5. International environment
Germany is a breeding ground for students and international multiculturalism. With so many university studies taught in English and no tuition fees, international students from all over the world are naturally attracted to the country. Last year, more than 300,000 international students studied in the nation and that amount is expected to increase even more. It is also located in the heart of Western Europe that allows easy access and travel to other countries in the area, where you can discover new cultures and visit places of interest.
What are you waiting for? Start your study adventure in Germany today!
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
For more information about the DAAD 2021-2022 Scholarship (Fully Funded) – Step by Step Application Process, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-