International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Programme Assistant
SVN No: SVN2021.047
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Organization Unit: Immigration Border Management (IBM
IOM Classification: G3
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term SST 6 Months with Possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of IOM Nigeria’s IBM Programme Manager, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator, the successful candidate’s primary role will be to provide technical support within the IOM Nigeria implemented projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide clerical support as requested to the full portfolio of IOM Nigeria IBM projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Provide clerical support to the work of the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator and the Project Assistants / Component Coordinators in all aspects of their work, with a focus on the following areas:
- Support Senior Project Assistant in IBM-related w applications, software configuration and network component. Assist in providing technical support to required locations (HQ, state commands and border crossing points).
- Support Senior Project assistant in the projects’ documentation, preparation, and implementation of network systems, software deployment, and other IT-related activities.
- Maintain inventory of projects’ hardware and software equipment.
- Assisting in the preparation of seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, presentations and missions related to the project, and undertaking duty travel to support project activities when required.
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree /certificate in related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum three years (one year for degree holders) in related field;
- Previous experience in project administrative support an advantage, preferably within the United Nations system or the international development or humanitarian field;
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis
- Fluency in English and French (oral and written)., Working knowledge in one or more national languages
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line by and Click Here
In order for the applications to be considered valid.
IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line SVN2021.047 Abuja Junior Programme Assistant (IBM), G3.
Application Deadline 21st June, 2021.
Job Title: Database Officer (DTM)
SVN No.: SVN 2021 134
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Head of sub-Office and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer of Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the development and implementation of DTM databases and application systems.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Evaluate the current Information Management Systems, obtain the requirements from the DTM operations team, understand the operational system in place, and analyze the workflow and existing standalone databases / applications to understand the scope of the Information Management.
- Develop a comprehensive data management system with effective data collection, storage and sharing workflows and effective measures for implementing data protection and data governance mechanisms.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive Information Management System that manages the workflow, information and documentation involved in the various DTM Data collection and management processes based on the requirements.
- As part of the Biometric Registration and Verification System (BRaVe) development team, contribute to the development of the modules and provide user support in coordination with theGlobal DTM Support team.
- Support the Extract Transform and Load (ETL) process for data collected from the variousdata collection processes and contribute to the development of analysis processing services to be used with Business Intelligence tools.
- Prepare detailed technical documentation and conduct the training for the system administrators / managers.
- Assist in preparing user manuals and conducting training programmes for the users.
- Attend technical and information-sharing meetings regarding the progress of designing, development and implementation of the applications.
- Ensure the implementation of IOM ITC Standards, policies and guidelines, in particular with regards to the databases and information systems being followed and implemented.
- Ensure the required performance of the developed applications to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions.
- Monitor the standard development, quality control, collaboration and source management processes during the development stage and provide the required technical documentation to facilitate the continuity of the solution management.
- Recruit, manage and train, as needed, database assistants and data entry clerks to ensurethe quality of data entered into IOM databases.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Information Technology with two years of professional experience in windows and web-based application development; or University degree in the above fields with four years of professional experience in windows and web-based application development.
- Experience in cooperate business application development for process flow management;
- Experience in MS SQL, C#, VB.net application development and data management isrequired;
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Applications and Microsoft Dynamics Certificate is anadvantage.
- In-depth knowledge in database and software development, MS SQL, ASP.NET, C#, Microsoftdevelopment tools, open-source tools;
- Up-to-date knowledge on the solution development and management;• Up-to-date knowledge of cloud computing and use of various tools and environment forapplication development and hosting;
- Thorough understanding in cloud environments and tools for data systems.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French,Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of one ofthe IOM Official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process,which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a mannerconsistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committedmanner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies– behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieveshared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timelymanner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge andinnovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumesresponsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explainscomplex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies– behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates theability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enablingenvironment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
- Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members.
- For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2021.
- No late applications will be accepted
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Note: Pinnacle Report Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, that provides you with a reliable Job Opportunities in Various States.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/DoZj3IIehrZ75Y7FSdbwBn
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link