Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an international organization affiliated with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), calls for submissions for the ICYF RAMADAN CONTEST.
Our 2021 ICYF Ramadan Contest is giving the youth yet another good thing to look forward to as we are providing a platform for the youth to show their local customs and traditions in the blessed month of Ramadan. We are calling upon the youth to express their Ramadan customs and traditions in text, video, and photo formats in an effort to bring us together at a time when we are disconnected in the physical world. Our motive is to promote our cultures and customs through multimedia during Ramadan within the frameworks of the beautiful religion of Islam. We want you to show us how you spend your time in Ramadan in your community, what you do in preparation for fasting each day and or what you do differently in this holy month within your locality.
CATEGORY OF CONTEST
The contest will be held in three categories. Participants can apply one or all categories at the same time. Read the terms of participation on how to apply multiple categories.
BEST PICTURE OR ILLUSTRATION CAPTURING TRADITIONS, CUSTOMS, OR ACTIVITIES DURING RAMADAN (PREFERABLY UNIQUE TO THE CULTURE OR COMMUNITY)
BEST ESSAY ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- Traditions, customs, or activities, still practiced in Ramadan, inherited from Islamic heritage.
- How can Ramadan and Islamic Fasting practices help encounter Covid 19.
- With all this new global restrictions and limitation on our daily routines due to Covid 19; How this can affect Ramadan 2021 traditions and/or activities.
MOST CREATIVE SHORT FILMS THAT PROMOTE CULTURE, CUSTOMS, TRADITIONS, AND ACTIVITIES DURING RAMADAN 2021 EXPERIENCE. (PREFERABLY UNIQUE TO THE CULTURE OR COMMUNITY)
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION & RULES
- RAMADAN CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL YOUTH, AGED BETWEEN 18-35, OF OIC MEMBER STATES OR CONSIDERED RESIDENT OF MUSLIM MINORITY COUNTRIES.
- PARTICIPATION IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND FREE OF CHARGE.
- SUBMITTED WORKS TO THE CONTEST ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE RETRIEVED.
- ICYF SECRETARIAT SHALL MAKE FINAL DECISIONS WITH REGARDS TO ALL CASES, INCLUDING THOSE NOT SET ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT FORMAT, OR INSIGNIFICANCE RESULTING FROM ITS CONTENT AS WELL AS MAKING CHANGES IN SOME OF THEM.
- COMPLETION OF THE PARTICIPATION APPLICATION FORM MEANS THE PARTICIPANTS’ ACCEPTANCE OF ALL OF THE CONTEST REGULATIONS.
- THE PROCESS OF SENDING FILMS TO THE SECRETARIAT IS ONE-STAGED.
- THE WORKS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE CHANGED, MODIFIED OR RE-SENT AGAIN.
- SHORT FILMS PRODUCED BY MORE THAN ONE DIRECTOR REQUIRE THAT ONE SINGLE INDIVIDUAL REPRESENT THE GROUP.
- WORKS THAT HAVE WON IN ANY OTHER NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS WOULD BE DISQUALIFIED.
- WORKS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH TOGETHER WITH A BRIEF DESCRIPTION/BACKGROUND; INCLUDING THE SITE, CITY, MUNICIPALITY, AND PROVINCE, THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING THE CAPTURING OF THE PHOTO OR VIDEO.
- THE APPLICANTS FOR CONTEST PARTICIPATION SHOULD FILL OUT A REGISTRATION FORM. THE COMPLETION OF THE FORM MEANS THAT THE PARTICIPANT IS THE OWNER OF THE PICTURE. IF THE CASE WHERE THERE SHOULD BE ANY LEGAL CLAIM AGAINST IT, HE/SHE WILL BEAR FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY. ICYF CARRIES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE RIGHTS REGARDING THE OWNERSHIP OF PICTURES/VIDEOS.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THE PHOTO/VIDEO/ESSAY SUBMITTED TO THE CHALLENGE MAY BE USED ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER MEDIA PLATFORMS.
- PARTICIPANTS CAN APPLY IN ALL THREE CATEGORIES AT ONCE BUT THEY WILL NEED TO FILL A NEW APPLICATION FORM FOR EACH CATEGORY.
- ICYF STAFF MEMBERS AND THEIR FIRST DEGREE RELATIVES SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE EVALUATED.
- ICYF staff members and their first degree relatives submissions will not be evaluated.
ICYF Ramadan Contest 2021 Awards
- The best submission of each category will be awarded with 500 USD cash prize.
- The second-best submission of each category will be awarded with 250 USD jury special prize.
- The Jury will evaluate and select the best submissions.
Note: Only award winners will be informed.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSIONS
SHORT FILM REQUIREMENTS:
- Duration: Maximum 3 minutes.
- Acceptable Video Formats: MP4, H264 formats.
- Video Resolution: 1920×1080 in horizontal
- Codecs: Do not use special codecs in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible.
- Audio is optional, but lack of audio should have minimal impact on the comprehension of the video.
- Structure: The video must include at the beginning a video cover with the title, authors and affiliation and the credits at the end.
- The video should not have any commercial pitch and the authors of each video must have clear copyright of the audio and visual content.
- Photos must be submitted in high-resolution JPEG and should not exceed 50MB per entry.
- Photos must be original (no edits, no photoshopped entries, no logo added, etc.).
- Ensure that the photo is in compliance with all the legal and copyright requirements. The photo must be an original creation – no copyrighted images may be used.
- The essay must be written in English language only.
- The essay should be between (300-500 words).
- Each applicant may only submit one essay.
- The essays should not have been published earlier, neither electronically nor in print.
- Essays must be the individuals’ own original pieces of work.
- Submissions must also include a brief summary.
- Essays must be typed (1.5 spaced) in 12-point Times New Roman and submitted in word format.
- A jury who will select winners will judge the entries submitted by the applicants. The jury’s decisions are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal. Submitted entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria.
Originality and creativity of expression
Quality of execution
Application Closing Date
13 May, 2021
To Apply Visit https://ramadancontest.icyforum.org/apply/
For more Information, visit ICYF Ramadan Contest 2021 for Global Muslim Youths.Or kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates