Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Project Manager-CDCS
Location: Bade, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is currently look to hire a talented and passionate individual to fill the role of Project Manager, to join our team in our Bade office.
- The Project Manager will lead the implementation and completion of Project(s) throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
- The Project Manager will be based in Bade LGA, Yobe State and required to have a background in Nutrition and Health.
- Finalize and manage the update and implementation of the detailed Project(s) Implementation Plan (PIP);
- Develop detailed monthly/weekly implementation plans for your staff in order to achieve the activities in the PIP;
- Finalize and manage the Project(s) Scope Documents (PSDs) such as Project Procurement plan, Monitoring and evaluation plan, Work Breakdown Structure, etc. as well as ensuring regular update of these documents in order to maintain a strong record of the project(s);
- With the support of the relevant technical coordinators, develop, document and work as per designs, BoQs, tools, implementation modalities and guidelines;
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality;
- Ensure that the project(s) is being implemented as per donor regulations;
- Take overall responsibility for the quality of the project(s) including regular monitoring, field visits and learning;
- Oversee the development of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning tools and plans in collaboration with the M&E coordinator;
- Stay abreast of, and manage field operations as to, the prevailing security, cultural and social situation as per the guidance of the field coordinator;
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues and inform senior management accordingly;
- Identify and assign additional activities as required in coordination with the technical departments;
- Manage and develop the Project Team under supervision;
- Maintain and archive all project documents in organized manner for future audits;
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external reports as requested;
- Develop systematic mechanism for lesson learned about the programs to provide information to conduct advocacy activities, with periodic field visits to other project locations to strengthen the collaboration with other projects and implement best practices.
- Attend regular meetings with stakeholders and manage internal and external relations related to the project
- Degree in Medicine with good background project management, master in health planning & management, public health, nutrition, development studies or other related field;
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible with the ability to work in a team of diverse culture;
- Proven project cycle management experience at a senior level for at least 3 years in an INGO;
- Excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming;
- Capacity to write quality reports;
- Experience in managing medium to large-sized teams.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Sector Manager
Locations: Damaturu & Bade, Yobe
Employment type: Full time
Department: Programmes – Health and Nutrition
Direct Line Manager: Project Manager
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting a Nutrition and Health Sector Manager who will support the implementation and management of Planned Health and Nutrition activities.
- Support the implementation of the short and long-range plans for delivery of project services, provide guidance to AAH’s Nutrition and Health staff in the management of project interventions or activities for effective project impact.
- Work with the project team to develop an overall detailed project implementation plan for nutrition and health component in line with a predefined project implementation work plan.
- Manage the assigned Nutrition and Health project interventions in order to meet the project objectives within budget and the allotted time frame and report any operational concerns promptly.
- Provide day to day supervision for the SMoH staff and AAH Health and Nutrition Team in a manner that supports the growth of internal leadership and adequate program management.
- Continuously monitor and supervise nutrition and health activities.
- Support the implementation of the AAH Health and Nutrition monitoring systems and record-keeping methods that support routine data collection, analysis and reporting in line with the organization and donor expectations.
- Ensure projects are implemented in line with donor requirements and in accordance with AAH, country, and international standards i.e. SPHERE and HAP standards.
- Represent AAH in the LGA health and Nutrition Sector meeting.
- Communicate clearly to partners in the sector clearly of the AAH plan and strategies.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Nutrition / Nursing or Medicine or public health, a certificate in project management for development professionals will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in primary health care and maternal health.
- 2 years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF program.
- Previous experience in a managerial role is preferred
- A self-starter with excellent team management.
- Project management abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great communication and report writing skills
- Previous INGO experience
- Experience with donor-funded programs
Job Title: Research Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Full time
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Company Overview / Job Description
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Research Manager who will conduct the Evaluation of Porridge Mum programme using retrospective design with secondary analyses. The candidate will work closely with AAH Paris research project advisor and the Nigeria team to achieve this objective. There will be at least one field visit (1 week) to estimate data reliability and intervention contextual exposure at study sites/health facilities which are located in Borno State.
- Lead the design of a sound evaluation process based on cross-sectional features
- Finalize the study protocol and data collection tools with AAH teams in Nigeria and Paris
- Obtain Ethical Committee feedback on study protocol and government approvals
- Make field visit to understand data flow, reliability, contextual factors
- Extract and check the reliability of data, merge and clean to obtain final database
- Develop the statistical analysis plan (SAP) and circulate to the working group for discussion and validation
- Analyze the data and present preliminary results to the working group, in order to discuss these initial results; revise and finalize results
- Write the final report with findings as per the template provided and get it validated
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- Fluency in Hausa;
- At least 4 years’ experience of working in Nigeria.
- At least 2 years experience of managing community-based research studies. More specifically demonstrated ability to develop, refine and coordinate workflows for the different phases of the research studies;
- Considerable experience with the use of statistical software and particularly with the software ‘R’, ‘Stata’ or ‘SPSS’. Use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook necessary;
- Some experience in the analysis of anthropometric data preferably;
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to lead the study required;
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and decision-making capabilities;
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Officer
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Direct Line Manager: Nutrition and Health Sector Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting a Nutrition and Health Officer who will support the implementation and management of planned health and nutrition activities.
- Support the application of the common IYCF and Care Group Model package of guidelines and tools which will be used for training, implementation and in support of M&E.
- Implement in the framework of projects, the mission’s Nutrition Security strategy taking into account the key internal and external documents:
- Contribute to the identification, definition, formulation of Nutrition projects and/or components of projects led by other sectors
- Work with Nut Sector Manager to ensure that agreed technical guidelines and specifications for the implementation of all Nutrition sensitive projects are followed in the course of project execution.
- Contribute in the development of work plans for the implementation of all project activities in collaboration and coordination with other sectors; under supervision and guidance of the STL and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Facilitate transparency and accountability measures vis-à-vis the project beneficiaries, by making them participate throughout the project cycle
- Track the implementation of project activities using ACF tools – Activity Progress Report (APR), Budget follow-up and Training Reports
- To support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area
- Contribute to evaluation (internal and external) of project’s effect/impact
- Degree in Food Science, Nursing, Medicine, or Public Health
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Fluent English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Ability to analyse and synthesize information
- Strong capacity to represent ACF and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with CMAM, Care Group Model, BCC and IYCF programming.
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Minimum Basic salary: 424,310 NGN per month
Note: Qualified women are strongly encourged to apply.
For more information about the Action Against Hunger job Recruitment, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-