The West African Power Pool (WAPP) is a specialized agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). It brings together 14 countries of the regional economic community. The WAPP is made up of public and private companies involved in the generation, transmission and distribution of electric power in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Socio-Environmental Safeguard Assistant (SESA) – WAPP-North Core Project
Location: Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi
Job Type: Contract
About the Project
- The 330 kV WAPP North Core project consists of the construction of a 330 kV transmission line over a length of approximately 875 km between Birnin-Kebbi in Nigeria and Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso, passing through Zabori and Niamey in Niger. The project also links Zabori to Malanville in Benin.
- The project is co-financed by the World Bank, the African Development Bank, the AgenceFrancaise de Development, the European Union and the contribution of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Given the regional dimension of the project, and in order to strengthen its coordination, the Ministers in charge of Energy of the North core countries agreed to establish an institutional framework that includes the creation of a Project Management Unit (PMU) for the implementation of the Project with a central office based in Abuja and local offices in each of the concerned countries.
- The PMU of WAPP North Core Project is now recruiting a Socio-Environmental Safeguard Assistant (SESA) for WAPP-North Core Project Local Unit in Birnin-Kebbi, Nigeria.
- Under the authority of the PMU Director and the direct supervision of the Senior Social Development Specialist and the Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist of the WAPP North Dorsal Project, the Socio-Environmental Safeguard Assistant (SESA) will support the two Senior Specialists in the execution of the RAP and ESMP related to the project’s activities in Nigeria and according to the Standards of the Donors, i.e. the World Bank, AfDB and AFD.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The Socio-environmental Assistant (SESA) must:
- Hold a University Degree in the Social, Human, and / or Environmental Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Geography, Agronomy, Environment, etc.) or any other equivalent discipline
- Have a minimum of seven (07) years of post-qualification work experience in a similar work environment in:
- Elaboration of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Resettlement Policy Framework (RPF);
- Supervision of ESMP and RAP implementation
- Justify experience in animation, outreach, mobilization, and community management;
- Have a good command of national land management and expropriation policies in Nigeria;
- Have a solid knowledge of relevant regulations and procedures and the legal framework for environmental and social management in Nigeria and in international development donors funded-projects, specifically the World Bank’s Safeguarding Policies and Guidelines on Environmental Assessment (OP 4.01), Involuntary Resettlement (OP 4.12), and Health, Hygiene and Safety;
- Justify valuable experiences in conducting participatory approaches: consultation and social negotiation with regard to social risks and impacts assessment, social inclusion, citizen engagement, gender-based violence, vulnerable groups, influx of workers, social investigation, and grievance resolution;
- Have carried out at least one (01) mission of RAP and ESMP implementation on a World Bank-funded or African Development Bank project in rural activities is an asset.
- A major language requirement for this position is to have Proficiency in English (read, spoken, and written). Mastery of a local language from the project environment is necessary.
- Positions are envisaged for a duration of approximately 36 months with a six (6) month probation period.
Method of Selection
- Candidates will be selected in accordance with the selection of individual consultants set out by World Bank in the “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (July 2016, revised in November 2017 and August 2018).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an email with their CV attached to: email@example.com using “Application SESA NIGERIA” as the subject of the email.
- Interested applicants are strongly advised to refer to the Terms of Reference (ToR) for the advertised position prior to sending their applications. Terms of References can be requested via an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 7th January, 2021 at 18:00 (Abuja Time).
Always visit us at www.pinnaclereport.com.ng for More Jobs Update.
kindly join our telegram Group via this link https://t.me/joinchat/S2UcNRx4pFSCjy_NIYJdBQ