The THRIVE | Bayer Sustainability Challenge aims to identify and support key startup and scaleup innovators to implement solutions that promote sustainability through reducing the environmental impact of crop protection, reducing field greenhouse gas emissions, and empowering smallholder farmers to access sustainable agricultural solutions.
The THRIVE | Bayer Sustainability Challenge combines Bayer Crop Sciences’ sustainability commitments and THRIVE’s Global Initiative focus on the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals to promote innovations that can address pressing challenges in the global agrifood chain. If you are a startup or scaleup that helps sustainably solve for one or more of our three focus areas, we want to hear from you!
- REDUCE GREENHOUSE GASES
How can we advance a carbon-zero future for agriculture in crop production systems?
- REDUCE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
How can we produce higher crop yields with lower consumption of natural resources?
- EMPOWER SMALLHOLDER FARMERS
How can we advance smallholder farming systems in socially, environmentally, and commercially responsible ways?
BENEFITS FOR WINNERS
Receive $75k USD from THRIVE and access the Leaps by Bayer investment team!
- ACCESS TO R&D RESOURCES & NETWORKING
Meet with Bayer’s Open Innovation⁰000 and Strategic Partnerships Group, and access partnership opportunities within THRIVE’s ecosystem
Gain brand recognition through Bayer’s channels and through the THRIVE | Forbes Demo Day
- AWARD-WINNING THRIVE ACCELERATOR
Secure placement in THRIVE’s Accelerator Program in 2022
- MENTORSHIP & COACHING
Access Bayer’s technical and/or commercial experts based on your company’s needs and receive focused startup coaching from THRIVE
- BAYER PILOT PROJECT SPONSORSHIP
Explore proof-of-concept pilot in impacted sustainability area(s)
- ACCESS TO BAYER INVESTMENT AND R&D RESOURCES
Access Bayer’s Open Innovation and Strategic Partnerships Group, and the Leaps by Bayer investment team!
Gain brand recognition and achievement through Bayer and THRIVE channels
- THRIVE TOP 50 FAST-TRACK
Receive automatic nomination for THRIVE’s TOP 50 AgTech & FoodTech Listings
- THRIVE ECOSYSTEM
Be shortlisted for future partnership opportunities with THRIVE’s network
- Pre-Seed (proving technology, building MVP, validating product market fit)
- Seed (measuring and proving target market and CAC)
- Series A (proving scalability of base business and formalizing business model)
- Series B (expanding market reach, growing team, bolstering key product offerings)
- APRIL 14 Open Applications
- JUNE 11 Applications Close
- JULY 30TH Finalists Selected
- SEPTEMBER 9 Pitch Challenge & Awards
INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING?Apply today to compete in our Sustainability Challenge
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2021
For more information, visit THRIVE | Bayer Sustainability Challenge.Or kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates