Ambassadors Of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Community Mobilizer
Locations: Jere, Konduga, Gwoza, Monguno and Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for working at the community level to mobilize people and material resources for formal enrollment, access, and retention of the project in Borno.
- The Community Mobilizer will be primarily field-based and will work in a team with a dedicated Project Officer for each LGA of the project location.
- The Community Mobilizer will work closely with Project Officer and key community members to support and organize campaigns raising awareness in the different project locations at the community level.
- Perform outreach activities in the different project locations within Borno areas covered by the project, including community-based awareness-raising sessions on the importance of prevention of Gender-Based Violence ( GBV)
- Carry out a follow-up of cases of GBV actions in the Borno within the project location, response, reception
- Collaborate in the dissemination of information to people and survivors of GBV, on their rights and the importance of reporting such cases, including social benefits and access to public policies, as well as the right to protection in the case of gender-based violence, gender identity, and sexual orientation
- Monitor and participate in internal and external meetings (with partners), when designated
- Collaborate in the mobilization of meetings, activities, projects, and inter-sector initiatives
- Record meetings, activities, projects, and interagency initiatives through minutes and reports
- Collaborate in the organization of meetings and events (scheduling and confirmation of participation, preparation of material, identification of logistics needs, preparation and management of attendance lists, presentation files, etc.)
- Collaborate in the follow-up of the actions and referrals of the deliberations of the meetings and other activities, in coordination with the team
- Collaborate on the improvement and updating of shared files for each of the projects, initiatives, activities in the area, offered to the partners, when applicable
- Collaborate in collecting data, information, and /or bibliography, whenever necessary
- To systematize and analyze information and/or documentation related to projects, initiatives, and activities of the area for the project cycle2021- 20202 to subsidize the production of internal reports
- Support in the cataloging and archiving of the physical documentation of the projects, in coordination with the Program Officer
- To collect data and relevant information on the situation of women and young persons in the context of the project specifications.
- Carry out other activities when requested by the coordination.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional with a degree in Psychology, Social Work or related areas and/or equivalence in professional experience
- Motivation/ Teamwork / Organization and Planning / Adaptability and Flexibility / Innovation and Creativity / Inspirational Leadership / Analytical Capacity / Gender Sensitive
- Strong and effective communication skills, used to speak in public and work dynamically with adults.
- Knowledge of community capacity building.
- At least 1 year of experience: Participatory community development principles, conduct outreach activities, conduct assessments, and data entry, women and vulnerable people, experience in a similar positions
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Minimum experience of 3 years of work in psychosocial care, participatory community development principles, conduct outreach activities, conduct assessments and data entry, women and vulnerable people, experience in a similar positions
- Experience in human rights, gender-based violence activisms
- Initiative, capacity to organize, coordinate and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze and synthesize written communication
- Ability to work in teams, openness to respond positively to different points of view and criticisms regarding their performance, as well as make necessary adjustments.
- Experience in the context of emergencies is desirable
- Knowledge of concepts and debates related to issues of human rights and gender equality
- Community Mobiliser’ the position for a female preferred candidate who speaks kanuri/local language and is familiar with Jere, Konduga, Gwoza, Monguno and Maiduguri
- Fluency (oral and written) in English, Hausa, and Kanuri required.
Job Title: Administrative / Logistics Officer (Driver)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Reports to: Finance/Administration Manager
Duration: 2 years
- Under the supervision of the Finance/AdministrationManager (F/AM), the Administrative/Logistics (Driver) is responsible for providing logistical support in ensuring the smooth running of the DCR Ambassadors Borno Project. Tasks include but are not limited to: driving the DCRambassadors vehicle to various destinations on official duty; providing logistical support such as a collection of quotations, purchases, and office supplies; and delivery of letters.
- Drive DCR ambassadors vehicle to transport employees, volunteers, and other partners to a variety of locations within and outside Borno including rural areas with poor road conditions.
- Keep the vehicle clean and maintained at all times.
- Ensure continuous vehicle functioning by performing preventative and routine maintenance.
- Coordinate and track the movement of goods through logistic pathways
- Collect quotations, tax invoices, and delivery notes from vendors.
- Procure and collect conference supplies for all trainings and meetings.
- Procure office supplies.
- Oversee the procurement management, customs clearing, and inventory management of assets.
- Ensure the delivery of letters and other documents to various partners.
- Ensure check-up and or maintenance of broken-down office equipment to ensure continuous functioning of the same.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in technical studies.
- Must be familiar with the various locations such as Maiduguri, Gwoza, Jere, Monguno, and Konduga within Borno state
- Must have good driving skills.
- Knowledge of financial and HR procedures is expected.
- Knowledge of basic mechanics is an added advantage.
- Good level of technical skills in mechanics / IT / Communications /construction or other desired.
- Good communication and representative skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to sit/drive for long periods and potentially over poor road conditions.
- Language: Fluency in English (written and spoken), Hausa, Kanuri
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 2 years
Reports to: Finance / Administration Manager
- The Procurement Officer will oversee the organization’s supply of products and services.
- Procurement Offices’ responsibilities include strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers, discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses so that the organization can invest in growth and people.
- Coordinate and facilitate the procurement requirements of the program officer based on the procurement policy guidelines.
- Pre-qualification of suppliers as provided in the procurement policy
- Compliance with procurement procedures as provided in the Field Operations Manual.
- Create purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the organization
- Ensuring that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and created and matching receipts to purchase orders
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent,
- Diploma in procurement and Supply Chain management or logistics
- Computer applications in Excel, Word and in particular Oracle i-Procurement and Oracle Purchasing Module
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multicultural setting
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Work experience in a reputable NGO in a similar or equivalent job for at least five years
- Fluency in English ( spoken and written), Hausa or Kanuri
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- DCR Ambassadors is an equal opportunity employer and we believe in gender balance, it is therefore strongly advised that females apply for these role.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
For more information about the Job Vacancies at Ambassadors Of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration (DCR Ambassadors), kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp https://chat.whatsapp.com/F8KU7EBTWkB969p6n9Bdrx