Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading Technology company operating in the Digital Payments space, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Department / Division / Unit: Application Development / Technology
Job Objective / Purpose of Job
- To develop high quality reusable software component, for business to business integration, using international best practices and new best-in-class technologies, concepts, and philosophy; and to design, code, test, analyse and manage software programs and applications that drive the organization’s strategy.
Strategy & Planning:
- Works with other software developers, the software architect and designers in conceptualising and developing new software programs and applications
- Plans own work in phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects
- Assists in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications
- Performs research on the requirements of software users and documents findings to serve
- Works closely with the Team Leader, Business Analyst and Product Owner for understanding the functional and system requirements.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Recommends, schedule, and performs software improvements and upgrades
- Consistently writes, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications and PCIDSS standards
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software application.
- Write and execute unit tests for developed software applications.
- Perform peer to peer code reviews.
- Participate and contribute to software architectural design sessions.
- Maintain and implement source control & version management.
- Create technical documentation for all software applications.
- Deploy all developed application to the development environment for QA and Testing.
- Guide & follow through on developed software applications to ensure successful UAT and subsequent shipment.
- Works closely with the QA team to ensure quality and timely software development within his / her responsibilities
- Runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Administers critical analysis of test results and delivers solutions to problem areas
- Generates statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process
- Monitor & manage project lifecycle on popular work management tool.
- Updates tasks on work management tool
- Ensures robust and sustainable enterprise social collaboration architecture for software development by monitoring matrices of the SOA, and fixing complaints/bugs logged by customers
- Assists in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines for ease of use by the client/customers
- Installs software products for end users as required
- Creates and manages Application Programming Interface (API)
- Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary
- Removes code script from company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
Key Performance Indicators / Performance Goals:
- Expert level in Java Programming using Java 8 and above
- Understand how to develop Enterprise Solutions
- Understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Hands on experience using Spring Boot Framework
- Hands On experience using Ci/CD
- Hands on experience with building cloud solutions
- Experience using ISO 8583
- Experience using ISO 20022
- Experience in development of Payment Solutions
- Understanding of Domain Driven Architecture
- Should be able to guide and Mentor Junior Developers
- Hands on experience with BDD Testing Framework
- Hands on experience with Junit, Mockito, Hamcrest and AssertJ
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Computer / System / Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Applied Physics / Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience using Java and related technologies
- Experience preferably in the Digital Payments industry.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Object oriented programming
- Web services / SOA
- In-depth understanding of Postilion and all its applications
- In-depth Knowledge of all products worked on
- Database Management.
- Customer focus (internal and external customers)
- Attention to Detail
- Problem solving
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Risk Management
- Teamwork & collaboration.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.