FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization, locally driven solutions, and dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
They are currently seeking applications from for suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The objective of the SCALE Activity is to support CSOs and BMOs across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities.
- The activity is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria
- The MEL Officer provides strategic guidance, vision and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the activity
Major Duties / Responsibilities
The MEL shall:
- Supervise all MEL staff
- Ensure the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with sub-awardees and USAID.
- Oversees all MEL activities
- Provides technical direction and support
- Ensures the accurate reporting of results for program activities.
- Develop and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develop and support the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the programs M&E system.
- Provide M&E technical advice to programs, projects, including staffing and resource allocation to M&E.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Provide technical support for M&E in one or more technical sectors.
- Build upon industry and experiences to improve consistency, quality and practicality of M&E strategies; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within international partner organizations.
- Review M&E plans and PMPs for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
Required Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in any the following or related fields: Social Science, International Development, Evaluation Research, Statistics, or Economics;
- At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities,
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills; and
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Years of work experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of technical issues.
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Experience working in USAID projects preferred.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Always check on www.pinnaclereport.com.ng for Latest and current Nigeria Jobs near you. we will always notify you on whatsoever you need to know about FHI 360 Job recruitment updates about the next stage of the recruitment