The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization registered in Nigeria in 2010 to promote best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN implements projects through a team of experienced health and allied professionals that include clinicians, laboratorians, community workers and health information specialists. CCCRN has established footprints in 14 states of Nigeria with offices in Abuja and Benue, where it has implemented quality public health initiatives and contributed to the global knowledge of effective health solutions in Nigeria. CCCRN is the new recipient of the Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA) to increase access to high-quality comprehensive services and strengthen the capacity of families and communities living in target communities to care for and protect the children in their care. The project is implemented in 31 Local Government Areas of Akwa Ibom State and in 7 LGAs of Cross River State.
CCCRN requires qualified candidates to fill the under-listed position through an internal recruitment process:
Job Title: Geographic Information System Consultant – STTA
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Duration: 40 days (renewable based on performance)
- The USAID/Nigeria funded Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA) is to ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
- CCCRN urgently require the service of skilled, competent, and seasoned specialist in the field of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) program who understands the recent development in PEPFAR programming for Children and households susceptible to HIV.
- Provide technical expertise on spatial data collection, map series creation, compilation of available geospatial data sets, web mapping, spatial analysis, data visualization and remote sensing
- Liaise with the health informatics consultant to integrate GIS features into the project tracking application and dashboard
- Collaborate with project staff on short- and medium-term technical assignments in the project head Office and in the field
- Support new business efforts to incorporate technological solutions and innovative approaches into new business products
- Develop and deliver trainings on geospatial aspects of technology and innovation for project Office staff.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Advanced degree in GIS, Remote Sensing, Geography, or other related field preferred, a Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Experience in GIS consulting, program development, and implementation with international field experience required
- High proficiency in Esri software, proficiency in QGIS or alternate open-source GIS; experience with image processing software packages preferred
- Experience using mobile data collection applications for mapping purposes
- Experience in web cartography across multiple web mapping platforms, and experience with other non-spatial database systems;
- Experience training non-specialist staff on the uses of mobile data collection, GPS, GIS, and RS in support of project objectives
- Knowledge of international development projects, particularly USAID-funded initiatives
- Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in English
- Availability for immediate short- and medium-term assignments.
Application Closing Date
Midnight; 20th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single MS Word document) to: email@example.com
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the positions